

This tutorial thing is harder than it looks.
I love the look of embossed metal. I learned how to do it with Kelsey O'Mullane but I had trouble accessing the foil tape in large quantities. Bunnings have textured tape but it turns out differently as you can see.
So I came up with an alternative. I thought I invented this adaption but I have since read a ver
y similar technique on
another blog so I guess great minds think alike.Anyway my alternative starts with using cheap
white glue ( PVA glue) to glue kitchen aluminium foil to card stock. After the card dried overnight I ran it through the cuttlebug. You can see two pictures above, the one on the right is the aluminium foil and the other is the Bunnings air conditioning duct tape.I used a nappy wipe to
apply black gesso all over the card. You could use black acrylic paint but I had more gesso and I thought it might grip the foil a bit better.After applying the gesso I removed most of it with another dried out nappy wipe.
I love the effect it gives. You can see how the duct tape adds even more texture but sometimes you don't want that and then the foil gives you another cheap alternative.
Let me know what you think.
In the next few days I will post the art I made with this technique
2 comments:
This is fabulous - it's been on my list of things to play with for ages, but I haven't got around to it yet. You make it look easy - I'm going to give it a go. thanks for the great tutorial!
Great tutorial Martina, look forward to seeing the finished art.
Rob
Post a Comment